Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend at the Lake House

Last week I was looking at some photos a friend posted online from a weekend at a lake house. To me, lake house weekends are the essence of all that is good about Midwestern summers- good people, (too much) good food, sunshine, water play, down time, game nights, and conversations that just don't happen elsewhere (about topics both silly and serious). I was getting a bit homesick as I flipped through her slide show and started to wonder just why I was choosing to live this season in Haiti without access to many of my favorite people, places or activities.

Then, on Thursday night, I got a very unexpected invite to spend to weekend at a Haitian "Lake" (as in the Caribbean Ocean) house. Everything that needed to happen fell into place in less than 12 hours - and now I am back home in Port-au-Prince with a very sleepy smile on my slightly redder face. Check out the photos here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks awesome. For the first time I am a little jealous of your Haitian adventure! :) Glad not to see any laptops or reports in sight in any of those pictures...
SLS