Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Post-exam resolutions

It's 4:30 am and I'm sitting in the same chair I've been in since 10pm - empty coffee cup and ice cream bowl to my left. Stack of books and papers on my right. Laptop somewhere in between. Ce la vie Phd?

While these days of frantic proposal writing and little sleep are not quite the norm - my recent years of strenuous intellectual exercise haven't done much for my overall physical physique. I keep on resolving to find a way to get some exercise in Port-au-Prince that I actually enjoy enough to do repeatedly ...but I have been short on inspiration....until now.

Imagine my surprise when my 4:39 am weary-eyed browsing brought up this article about exercise options in my Haitian hometown!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
I'm a nutritionist who will be heading to Haiti at the end of the month to work for a year. I'd love to get in touch with you.

Ellen
eljebe@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Good luck good luck!!!

Lindsay said...

Reb, you totally missed out on my March exercise fad -- Raras! Nothing like wandering the hilly streets of Port from 10pm to 6am every Saturday night. Now, if we could only get them to do it the whole year.

See you soon!

-L