Monday, January 14, 2008

Our (mine and Obama's) kind of town...


I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to the presidential primaries back home, but this Salon.com article that puts Obama's political success in the context of Chicago history caught my eye. Hope some of you other Windy City folks can enjoy it too.

To get myself in a more US political mindset, I took this Dutch quiz on the US political landscape: www.electoralcompass.com You give your response to a number of statements relating to key election issues and the site maps how your views fall relative to the leading democratic and republican candidates. While there are a few issues I'd love to see added to the site (and political platforms in general) such as trade policies and global poverty reduction, I recommend that you try it out. It was most interesting to look at the issue by issue function and to see on which issues the candidates line up according to party lines (e.g. health care) and which they seem to each have a unique stance on (e.g. education)

No comments: