Sunday, October 7, 2007

E-ticket "in hand"

Bought my ticket last night. I'll be arriving in Port-au-Prince a week from tomorrow - on Monday, October 15. Flying out of Philadelphia in order to enjoy a quick visit with the Sanderson family which I am really looking forward to. In the mean time I'm preparing for a thesis committee meeting on Wednesday, running some final errands, doing a bit of packing (or at least planning what I will pack the night before I leave), trying to enjoy as much Autumn in Ithaca as I can and saying too many goodbyes.

I'm likely getting rid of my current expensive US cell phone this week and joining a friend's family plan to keep a US number for my visits back. I will send out the new phone number via email when I have it. Skype is a wonderful way to talk for free while I'm in Haiti - I usually have a working internet connection at the house where I stay. All you need is a headset to hook up to your computer and to sign up for a skype login....

No comments: