Tuesday, May 19, 2009

long weekend disclaimer

Now that the long weekend has actually come and gone, I need to add an addendum to my whiny Saturday morning post. I'm thankful to report that it turned out to be a quite lovely and very social weekend - in fact I didn't enter a single piece of data! Our scheduled Saturday shopping trip was followed by lunch with one of my favorite gal pals here, and then a game of tennis and late night pizza making with some other fun folks. I spent a very rainy Sunday at a log-cabinesque lodge up the mountain from Port-au-Prince drinking hot chocolate, eating perfectly-cooked BBQ ribs, chatting with new friends and taking a brief hike in the woods during which I mostly played with my camera. (Photos here) Monday was semi-productive work wise and ended with going out for tasty Chinese food with my neighbors. We were sending off another clinic volunteer who just finished his tenure here. (That guy's father drove us to and from the restaurant - making us all feel like we were back in the pre-drivers license early teen years....which I guess we effectively are!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)

SLS