Sunday, December 9, 2007

Drinking my words

Back in September I wrote a post lamenting the loss of Gimmee coffee and expressing my rather reluctant committment to drinking local coffee when I am in Haiti. Well, I am happy to report that I was wrong to be so pessimistic about the potential for actual enjoyment of my morning coffee here in Port-au-Prince. Haitian coffee is good stuff...very good stuff. Turns out it was the nasty, boxed, imported-from-France*, UHT milk that was ruining a wonderful cup of joe during my previous stints here. I am now enjoying my coffee the same way I like my chocolate - sans milk - and now 6am doesn't feel quite so early as it it did before.

(**This is merely saying that it is imported from across an ocean. It is NOT intended to be a patriotic political statement in the line of "freedom fries" served in the US Congress.)

No comments: